I work at Designer Shoe Warehouse aka DSW aka ShoeLover heaven aka the best place to work aka…just kidding, I’m sure you get the point – I was just being annoying ;)
First of all, I LOVE the Independent Fashion Bloggers site. I stay up reading their articles late into the night, I submit a post every week…I just love that site! So, it still doesn’t feel quite real being shortlisted as the “Best International Fashion Blog w/ IFB”. With nothing to lose, I did it and now here I am!
I honestly forgot that July 7th would be the day that Cosmopolitan UK planned to announce the shortlisters. I woke up around 8 am (mind you, I am NOT a morning person) for some reason and saw I had Twitter notifications. Someone added me to their Twitter list titled “Cosmo Blog Awards 2014!”. I was like “OH SNAP, WAIT” and immediately went on Cosmopolitan’s site to check who made it. Guess what?! I DID.
I jumped out of my bed, squealing. I ran around the whole house telling everyone the news. Then, I texted all my closest friends and even til now, it hasn’t completely sunk in. Honestly, I’m just excited for my blog to be linked to Cosmopolitan’s site. A couple of people even reached out to me by email for collaborations! And I’m like thank the good Lawddddd!
But enough about the back story and let’s move on to the future! 50% of the votes are cast by readers and the other 50% is made up from our awesome panel of Cosmo Editors. You can vote vote vote until August 29th.
So here’s how you beautiful people can make me a finalist.
Click here. You’ll see this page and a brief post about the reveal of the shortlisters. Next, scroll down and you’ll see this.
In order to vote for me, you have to vote for the other categories as well. If you have no clue who to vote for, you can scroll all they way down and check out the blogs you feel are worthy of your special vote. My fellow blogger Moth Loves has been shortlisted for the “Best New Fashion Blog”. I’m sure she would appreciate your vote :) My category and blog will be on the 5th page! “Adorned in Armor” is the 3rd listed blog. Click it and then go on to the next page until you’re finally done.
IFB is a great outlet to get your voice heard. I encourage you all to submit a post! You’ll be linked to other blogs and get to read the other great roundups. And if you’re feeling ambitious, next year, try going out for this Cosmo award! I’ll def support you and you’ll also have the love of the IFB community as well.
That’s it, Adorners! Again and again, thank you thank you thank youuuuu <3
Look guys! It’s me lol. Take a look for this week’s IFB Roundup and hey, don’t forget to vote me Best International Fashion Blogger w/ IFB!
This week we have all kinds of links. From the very personal getting to feel comfortable in your own skin, to the runways of Paris and the runways Kendall Jenner is on. When is the best time to go shopping? What do you do with your old necklaces? Questions, questions, all those random things that go through our minds throughout the day… will be fit for musing with this week’s roundup! Enjoy!
Links à la Mode: July 10th
- Adorned in Armor: Can’t Be Tamed
- Attire Club: Must-See Looks From Paris Mens Fashion Week
- DressCode:HighFashion: Burberry Pre-Fall 2014
- Fear in Wonderland: The Danger of Self Portraits
- High Heels in the Wilderness: Fifties Moment
- KP Fusion: Four Tips to Find Your Fashion Blog’s Niche
- Les Assorties: The French Thing
- Miss Monet: Kendall Jenner: From Reality TV to Runway
- Petite Career Girl: How to Alter a Fit & Flair Dress
- Petite Mode Fille: How to Wear a Graphic Tee
- Ri(t)ch Styles: Maternity Dressing for Special Occasions
- Save Spend Splurge: The Best Times to Buy Clothes
- See Lark! Easy DIY: Repurposed Necklaces
- Simona Moroni Off Duty: The Five Shopping Tips You Need
- The Chic Teen: Ode to My Distaste of Leggings
- The Daily Luxe: Are the Spice Girls Still in Our Wardrobes?
- The Stilettosaurus: Are You a “Quality” Blogger or a “Quantity” Blogger?
- Trend Survivor: 10 Tips for Wearing Pastels in a Cool, Stylish Way
- We Are Ready Made: A New Era for Marc Jacobs?
- Wild Beauty World: Blending Beauty Teas With R.L.Linden
“We must dream so big that without the support that comes through favor with God and man, we could never accomplish what is in our hearts” – Jamie Buckingham
I read that line in an article from the Charisma magazine that my mom ripped out for me.
I’ve been complacent. I’ve gotten complacent with my spiritual life, with this blog, with life in general. This is an extremely dangerous thing to do because when you’re bored and you don’t know why…what do you do?
Do you see a familiar blog name?! THAT’S BECAUSE YOU SEE ME!!! Yayayayayayyyyyy I’ve been shortlisted by the panel of Cosmopolitan thank to your nominations! Thank you guys. Really! Continue reading
Every day we get bombarded with conflicting messages. “Accept yourself!” then, “Do better!” OK. Do I accept myself, or do I try to be better? Ug. Who knows? Anyway, even if you’re not sure which direction to go, being positive about it will make your journey a lot nicer. This week we get down to the essence of style. No, that’s not your wardrobe… it’s YOU. So take a deep breath, and read these posts, you’ll find yourself feeling a lot better.
Links a la Mode: July 3rd
- Adorned in Armor: Who Adorns Her? Blake Lively
- A Pretty Thought: How to Make Your Fashion Blog More Personal
- Attire Club: 25 Best Looks From Milan Mens Fashion Week
- Couture Crush: Perfect Summer Lips: 3concepteyes Review
- Jolly Caucus Race: Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Dublin Pride
- Mode Plus: How to Choose Your Style
- Modmod: How to Ride a Bike in a Skirt
- Ms.Fabulous: Independent Handbag Designer Award Winners 2014
- Peace Love Sequins: How to Start a Fashion Blog
- Petitie Mode Fille: Is Topshop Makeup Worth It?
- Rich Club Girl: 7 Independence Day BBQ Outfits
- Save Spend Splurge: Do You Worry About How Pretty You Are?
- Savoir Style: 10 Polished Ways to Wear Crop Tops
- Style Sizzle: 9 Things Mean Girls Taught Me About Style
- The Anonymous Beauty Blogger: How to Stop Being a Compulsive Shopper
- The Glambition: Try it.. Graphic Eyeliner
- The Stylamiss: How I Love My Curls, Even If They’re Not Like Solange
- Trend Survivor: The Chunky Heel & How to Wear It
- Try It On Me: Anatomy of The Perfect Beach Bag
- We Are Ready Made: The Summer Rave of Raf Simmons
Woooooo! Adorned in Armor has been featured on Independent Fashion Bloggers for the fifteenth time. Yeah, you read right – 15! Read on for great posts on their weekly roundup!
What Truths Beneath
Underneath all the glamor and glitz of fashion and beauty, there is the truth. We’re all just winging it. Whether you’re thinking you need to get your act together in making better decisions, or you need to get your closet all organized there are things you can do to get straight in your head that will inevitably make you straight with your relationship to fashion. This week we have some fantastic links that help to think about fashion in a completely new way. So grab your cup of iced coffee and read these amazingly thought provoking posts.
Links a la Mode: June 26th
- A Dash of Fash: 10 Blog Photo Tips & Tricks
- Adorned in Armor: Believers Shall Perish, But Not Forever 21?
- A Glamourous Revelation: What Would Beyonce Do?
- Al Balsam Life: Get Perfect Skin in 3 Steps
- An Honest Drug: Skinny, White and Blogging
- Attire Club: The Best Looks from London Collections Men
- ChicFB: The Bucolics of Chic
- Fchx: Me, Myself and My Bipolar
- Happy Pretty Sweet: DIY Embellished Sunglasses
- Indivisual: 5 Ways to Reinvent Yourself for Summer
- Les Assorties: A Long, Hot Greek Summer
- Lil Miss Bianca: Fab Finds: Rosie Assoulin Resort 15
- Loser Girl Wins: 15 Quotes Guaranteed to Make You Smile
- Save, Spend, Splurge: Why Does Everyone Keep Asking Why I’m Dressed Up?
- Tech Techie: Google Glass Gets a Fashionable Makeover
- That Paki Blog: 5 Innovative Collections from London Collection Mens
- The Anonymous Beauty Blogger: 3 Ways to Digitize Your Closet
- The B Team: How to Make a Dress Without a Pattern
- This is Simply Me: Staying the Low Back Body Suit
- Trend Survivor: 10 Stylish Ways to Wear Denim Shorts
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
When it comes right down to it, what do you REALLY love to wear? Not the stuff you think you’re supposed to love, but the things you really love and actually do wear. Hmm… In this internet age we’ve gotten carried away with the lightning fast trends, and somehow need to find a way to get back to what’s real. What we really love. This week, it’s all about getting back to the essentials. What we really want from our wardrobes. That… and a couple of trendy things just to keep ourselves in the know.
Links à la Mode: June 19th
- Adorned in Armor: Miss Un-America?
- Attire Club: Mainstream Mens’ Fashion of the 1960s
- Breakfast at Vogue: Should Bloggers Repeat Outfits?
- Charlotte Lucy: 5 London Menswear Collections to Watch
- Dresscode:HighFashion: Top 10 Dresses for Spring 14
- High Heels in The Wilderness: Investment Dressing: My 5 Rules for Not Wasting Money
- Miss Monet: Behind the Painting of Dido Elizabeth Belle
- Ms.Fabulous: Jazz Age Street Style
- NOVXVI: Your Guide to Wardrobe Essentials
- Lolie Shopping; Breaking Up With Your Hair Stylist
- Rolala Loves: Sun Safety Facts You Should Know
- Saturn Satori: Edgy to Mainstream: Wild Charm of Colored Hair
- Style Curated: Meet the Milliner: Jess Collett
- Style Sizzle: 12 Gorgeous Ways to Wear a Midi Skirt
- The Coveted: How to Chose Your Timeless Colors
- The Daily Luxe: 5 DIY Wardrobe Updates with Scissors
- The Stilettosaurus: Dear PR People, Let’s Talk!
- TLV Birdie: The Good Luck Eye
- Trend Survivor: Trend Focus: The Haute Hippie Fringe Bags
- Wild Beauty World: Beauty Archetype: Villianesses
When I need basic essentials, I go to Forever 21. Who doesn’t right? I peruse and leave with great finds at affordable prices. I also leave with a little bit of Jesus at the bottom of my shopping bags. And so do you! Continue reading